Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Progress for the SMA Contest entry

     So, I managed to get the patina painted and some quick resin casts banged out and all in all, I'm happy with the progress I have made thus far.  The idea is to build a Capitol Building diorama with a sort of "last stand" theme to it.
     The dome happens to be one of the hardest terrain features that I have tackled to date, just because there is no good way to add one to any of the existing structures out there.  So in a TTG Bunker fashion, I shall build the structure from a few existing casts from Hirst Arts, and some redesigning a la TTG.
     Here are a few of the pics from the work done thus far.  You may be able to gather that I will be resting the dome atop the octagonal structure.  Well, sort of.  Just check out the pics.  The last one is basically how I plan on modelling it.
     It is worth mentioning that in order to get the resin louvers to fit the dome correctly, I had to quickly de-mold them and shape them while they were still flexible.  I also did this with some of the railings which you will see later as the build progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment