Monday, June 13, 2011

Commission Terrain Slots Open, News, Podcast?

Photobucket

Hi everyone, aside from building dozens of shelves for the store, I have also been tying up all of my current terrain commissions, which means, I'm available for your table top terrain project.  Check out the blog for a few bits of some of my finished work and also my in progress stuff to see if there is anything you like.  I only take on a couple of projects every few months, so now's your chance to get in.  Terrain is generally a slow and methodical pace, but if you have a concept drawing, things go much smoother.  Shipping on large items is usually a big surprise at the end too, so please be aware that the bigger it is, the more expensive it is to ship.
Drop me an email at james_swallow@yahoo.com to get going on this.
Also, I have the next vid in the casting sequence almost ready for publishing.  Stay tuned for my take on mixing and pouring resin, continued from the silicone mold making video.
I recently changed my video gear over to a Nikon D5100, so the youtube format will begin to get better.  I had some of my followers commenting that the videos and the pictures never looked the same, so I upgraded my video capability.  Also, I picked up a Matrox MXO2 for real time encoding and life is much better, so my output can (hopefully) increase to a few videos per month.
Lastly, I have podcasting capabilities built into my studio already, and I have been scheming up some content to perhaps give it a go.  My only question to my followers is, "Does miniature war-gaming/modelling really need another podcast?"  Let me know if there is any interest out there, and if there is, what would YOU as a listener want to hear my gaming group talk about?
Well, that's enough rambling, I know you all come here for pictures and videos, and they will be coming shortly.

Thank you all very much for you continued support!

3 comments:

  1. Mom and I decided we should have had you build my castle card box for the reception ;) This is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I think a podcast on modelling could be cool, the subject does lend itself to video. There are a few war-gaming podcast out there but as long as you feel motivated to do it I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete